Risk Assessment & Risk Taking Amongst Motorcyclists
This was a study of attitudes to risk taking and understanding of risks amongst motorcyclists in Scotland in order to inform future Road Safety Scotland campaigns.
The specific objectives of the project were:
- To study variations in attitudes to risk taking and understanding of risks across different social and demographic groupings of motorcyclists
- To study the extent to which attitudes influence behaviour
- To investigate variations between statistical risk assessments and motorcyclists' assessment of risk
- To identify those motorcyclists whose attitudes towards risk place them at risk
- To provide recommendations on how future road safety campaigns could be better targeted towards high risk groups